Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ideas for next video

1.  I want to show people interacting, but I want it to be composed entirely of jump cuts.  It will be similar to the scene in Julian Donkey Boy where Julian and his brother are fighting in the kitchen and Julian makes his brother eat some shitty looking bacon.  This will deal with people trying to understand instructions for assembling something but are completely confused and the jump cuts will add to the confusion. 

2.  In this video I will be making a cup of tea.  I will be dropping the tea-bag over and over continuously for 5 minutes.  The sounds will consist of plopping and heavy breathing.

3.  In this video sound will be the only element up until the end.  The sounds will be indiscernible and will only be understood when the image is revealed at the end.  

7 comments:

ry said...

I think that the hype over tea bag videos are overrated, i always like people and shitty bacon, but your third idea about sounds might be interesting.

Wesley Catlett said...

I like the first idea, thats a badass scene in Julian Donkey Boy. What actions will you show?

*~Erin M~* said...

I think the sound idea is the best. We would be limited by only what we hear. I'm interested to know type of sounds you would be using as well as the image to go along with.

atheistpally said...

#1

or maybe #3 if the sound was intriguing enough

Dwayne Butcher said...

well, the first idea is the only one that has something for me to imagine what the final piece would be. I say this one as I think having numerous jump-cuts would be a nice learning experiment for you.

Jason Cole said...

The first idea sounds interesting to me. That was certainly a powerful moment in the film. If you can match that intensity, it could be great

Guy Masters said...

#3 sounds like the one to go with. I guess what interests me is that the sound may hold may until the end when the image is completed.