Friday, September 19, 2008

Assignment Write up for Instructional Video Shoot



After the first shot at the beginning of this project I realized how ridiculous it is to yell, "Hey, do you want to buy a chicken?"  I pretty much ruined every shot because I was smiling and on the verge of laughing.  After that I decided to widen the shot and get a few good takes.  I ended up looking quite stern in the next few takes and decided to shoot the first part of the joke from both distances as well.  (Just in case I ended up using one of the closer shots.)  I plan to use one or two good shots and loop them.  I want to try and line up the beginning and end of each one so it looks seamless.  

If I do decide to have side by side shots, I'm not sure how I want them to play.  Either a call and response style or just let them talk over each other.  I think if I let them talk over each other it would be more confusing, so that might be the way to go.  I'm not 100% certain I'm going to like the white room rather than the shell, but hopefully it will come together nicely when I edit.  Actually I think the white room will work out fine.  Now that I think about it, the shell would add too much meaning to the piece that I'm not intending.  

No comments: