Sunday, September 28, 2008

LunaNova music and storyboard








http://lunanova.org/2008audio/combustion2.mp3

I am going to try and make a video that represents one of my painting/drawings.  I have a rough storyboard, but it might change depending on the feedback.  I might use more zooming than initially thought.

I (or the person I get to act in this) will be wearing a black suit and covered with an orange survival blanket.  

The idea of showing someone trying to light a fire in a white room is weird.  I think it will hint at the absurdity of trying to perform basic survival techniques without actually having to go out in the wilderness.  Also, not even using basic survival skills.  They will be completely dependent on technology.




3 comments:

Dwayne Butcher said...

the initial idea seems more interesting. maybe because you have it storyboarded out more. but the idea of having the TV's telling us what to do is like, been there done that.

ry said...

You said your are going to work from your drawing, does that mean you are going to work directly with drawings? or you going to use a real actor?..... I dunno maybe thats a dumb question. If he's sitting on the floor it will be tough to get under him to get angle shots, perhaps a straight down from above on a ladder shot would emphasize the cultural relation to the figure of the monk / crossed-legged.

Jeremiah J. Patlan said...

I like the imagery here, and the symbolism you've implied, with the survival blanket, instant fire, etc. but im wondering what else there can be added to this for the sake of complexity. It seems rather cut and dry right now. good idea, but consider pushing it.