Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Idea for Luna Nova Video

I want to start with a pan shot from left to right and stop on the figure and the TV.  The TV will only display fuzz.  The figures eyes will be fixed on the TV with little to no motion.  I've thought about having close ups on the figures face and close ups on the TV, but I'm not certain what will work yet so I plan on shooting lots of different angles.


I'm still going to use the same piece of music.  I've decided to portray one of my other painting/drawings.  This one focuses more on dependency on technology and looking to other people for answers.  It also deals with isolation and uncertainty of what to do in dire situations. 


6 comments:

Alex said...

I think this idea is much better than the "fire lighting" idea. I would do it.

Jason Cole said...

As I've told you already, I think the music evokes a very lonely and isolated mood, which I think works perfectly with your visuals.

Wesley Catlett said...

Im guessing this will be an animation? If so, it would be effective to make the TV real video to contrast the animation.

atheistpally said...

i like this idea better than the other one. just this one drawing by itself encompasses your theme of helplessness and dependency.

*~Erin M~* said...

The music does scream isolation. I think it works a whole lot better then your first idea.

Guy Masters said...

Agreed the sound piece represents loneliness and is better than the first idea. If this is an animation, a real TV would contrast more as Wesley stated.